How I Learn is a Wellington-based educational and clinical psychology assessment service. It is run by clinical psychologists, Emma Levy and Polly Schaverien, along with a team of clinical and educational psychologists. We work with children, adolescents and adults to explore learning potential, areas of academic ability and difficulty, and a range of behavioural and social-emotional challenges that impact learning.
People use our assessment services to:
- Understand why they are facing learning challenges at school, in study or on the job.
- Understand how behavioural and/or social-emotional challenges may be contributing to learning challenges.
- Identify and diagnose specific learning disorders such as dyslexia, intellectual disability, and behavioural challenges such as ADHD.
- Identify gifted and talented learners.
- Support Special Assessment Condition (SAC) applications to NZQA.